What is the difference between Mormon religion and Christianity?
Mormon doctrine differs from orthodox Christian views with respect to salvation. Protestant Christians believe in “Faith Alone” for salvation and criticise the LDS for a belief in salvation through good works. Mormons, however, feel that they are misunderstood.
What do the Mormons believe?
Mormons believe in the crucifixion, resurrection and divinity of Jesus Christ. Followers claim that God sent more prophets after Jesus’s death. They say that the original church has been restored in modern times.
What are Mormons not allowed to do?
Alcohol, tobacco, tea, coffee and drugs
These are all specifically banned in the Word of Wisdom, except for drugs. The prophets have made it clear that drugs, other than for medical use, are also banned. Mormons are also strongly discouraged from drinking soft drinks containing caffeine.
How does the Book of Mormon differ from the Bible?
The significant difference between the Bible and the Book of Mormon is the period and place of writing. … Though the accounts told in the Bible and the Book of Mormon had happened on opposite sides of the world, they are bind with the same purpose and meaning: to teach and testify of Jesus Christ.
How many wives can a Mormon have?
The LDS Church publicly renounced the practice of polygamy in 1890, but it has never renounced polygamy as doctrine, as evidenced in LDS scriptures. It has always permitted and continues to permit men to be married in Mormon temples “for the eternities” to more than one wife.
What are some Mormon rules?
Commentary: How to be Mormon in just 73 easy steps
- Never use the word “Mormon” in describing anything Mormon. …
- Drink no coffee, tea or alcohol.
- Eat meat sparingly. …
- Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits in their season. …
- Go to church every Sunday, even when you’re on vacation. …
- Accept any callings offered by the bishop.
What are weird Mormon rules?
These are 25 crazy mormon rules.
- If you don’t make it to the highest level of heaven, you will be genderless in the afterlife. …
- Girls can only have one piercing per ear and men aren’t allowed to have any. …
- Dating is prohibited until you are 16. …
- Young men must serve a 2 year mission. …
- You are not allowed to get tattoos.
Are Mormons allowed to dance?
Dancing is fine. It’s a long-standing pleasure for the more faithful dating back to Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. BYU dance troupes have won international acclaim. The Beehive State is indeed densely populated with Mormons (62 percent), as are some neighboring states.