What does it mean that there is power in the name of Jesus?
The name Jesus is a Greek male name meaning “Saviour”. … By being faithful to the task given to Him, humbling Himself, even becoming obedient to the point of death and volunteering to die for the sins of many, God exalted Jesus Christ by giving power to the name of Jesus Christ.
What are the 3 powers of Jesus?
The majority are faith healings, exorcisms, resurrections, and control over nature. In the Synoptic Gospels (Mark, Matthew, and Luke), Jesus refuses to give a miraculous sign to prove his authority.
Do we have the same power as Jesus?
On the day of Pentecost when Jesus ascended to heaven, God ‘s Power, The Holy Spirit, that Same Power came down and became available to each of us who believe in Jesus Christ. … That Same Power lives in and through us! The Same Power, the Power of the Holy Spirit, allows us to stand in victory.
What is the power of God?
(1) God’s power, the sort of power that dwells within every born-again believer and energizes his/her life and ministry is not the sort of “thing” that you can touch or contain in a bottle. It is the very energy of the life of God himself. It is the supernatural energy that emanates from God’s being.
What are the 5 miracles of Jesus?
The Miracles of Jesus
- The raising of the widow’s son.
- The feeding of the 5,000.
- The healing of a paralysed man.
- The stilling of the storm.
- The resurrection.
What does the Bible say about calling on the name of Jesus?
As promised in Joel 2:42, Acts 2:21, and Romans 10:13, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” The Lord does just what He promises, and in so doing His name is glorified.
How do I call Jesus?
- Logos (the Word)
- Son of God.
- Son of man.