What is the shortest verse in the book of Job?
- ^ In the NIV, Job 3:2 is the shortest biblical verse. …
- ^ The shortest verse in the Greek New Testament is Luke 20:30 (“καὶ ὁ δεύτερος”, “And the second”) with twelve letters, according to the Westcott and Hort text. …
- ^ Jump up to: a b John 11:1–45.
- ^ Luke 19:41.
- ^ “Jesus Christ as a Flesh -and – Blood Human”.
What are the 2 shortest scriptures in the Bible?
Top 10 Shortest Verses in the Bible
- John 11:35 KJV. Jesus wept.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16 KJV. Rejoice evermore.
- Luke 17:32 KJV. Remember Lot’s wife.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV. Pray without ceasing.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:20 KJV. Despise not prophesyings.
- Exodus 20:13 KJV. Thou shalt not kill.
- Exodus 20:15 KJV. …
- Deuteronomy 5:17 KJV.
What is the shortest verse in the Old Testament of the Bible?
For the sake of thoroughness, the shortest verse in the Old Testament, according to Testimonio, is Exodus 20:13: “You shall not murder.” And the longest verse in the New Testament, according to Got Questions, is Revelation 20:4.
What are the 5 shortest verses in the Bible?
Psalm 119:105 “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” 1 Thessalonians 5:19 “Do not quench the Spirit.” John 10:30 “I and My Father are one.” Acts 16:31 “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
What does John 11 35 say in the Bible?
11:35 Jesus wept – Out of sympathy with those who were in tears all around him, as well as from a deep sense of the misery sin had brought upon human nature.
What Jesus wept mean?
Jesus weptinterjection. Expressing annoyed incredulity. Etymology: “Jesus wept” (John 11:35 in the King James Version of the Bible).
What is the small verse in the Bible?
Psalm 37:5 “Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.” Psalm 56:3 “Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.” Romans 10:13 “For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
How many words are in the shortest verse in the Bible?
The shortest verse in the Bible can be found in the Gospel according to John chapter 11 verse 35. The King James Version (KJV) of this verse contains just two words. “Jesus wept.” John 11 verse 35 KJV.
What’s the last word in the Bible?
The first book of the Bible is Genesis and the first words are “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” The last book in the Bible is Revelation and the last words read” The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.”
What is the middle verse of the Old Testament?
The middle book of the Old Testament is Proverbs. The middle chapter is Job XXIX. The middle verse is 2nd Chronicles, chap. XX, the 17th verse.
What are the top 10 Bible verses?
Below is the entire top 10:
- Romans 12:2. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. …
- Philippians 4:8. …
- Philippians 4:6. …
- Jeremiah 29:11. …
- Matthew 6:33. …
- Philippians 4:7. …
- Proverbs 3:5. …
- Isaiah 41:10.
What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
“’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. ‘” — Jeremiah 29:11.