What are the ethics of Christianity?
Christian ethics is a virtue ethic which focuses on developing an ethical character, beginning with obedience to a set of rules and laws seen as divine commands reflecting behaviors which are morally required, forbidden, or permitted.
What are the key ethical teachings of Christianity?
Ethics can be defined as ‘Human moral conduct according to principles of what is good or right to do’. In Christianity there are certain ethical teachings, mainly The Ten Commandments, Beatitudes, and Jesus’ commandments of love.
What are the three basic teachings of Christianity?
Belief in God the Father, Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit. The death, descent into hell, resurrection and ascension of Christ. The holiness of the Church and the communion of saints. Christ’s second coming, the Day of Judgement and salvation of the faithful.
What is ethics in the Bible?
Ethics in the Bible refers to the system(s) or theory(ies) produced by the study, interpretation, and evaluation of biblical morals (including the moral code, standards, principles, behaviors, conscience, values, rules of conduct, or beliefs concerned with good and evil and right and wrong), that are found in the …
What are the moral values of Christianity?
A List of Christian Values
- Generosity – This is the core Christian value of being kind and unselfish, especially with our money and time. …
- Courage– The value is characterized by boldness and confidence. …
- Love – Love is a fundamental characteristic of who God is and it’s a value that is to describe His children as well.
What are the ethical teachings of the 10 Commandments?
The Ten Commandments are a set of rules or guidelines that ultimately separate order from chaos and provide boundaries for Christians in which to live their lives. They are motivated by God’s love for humanity and, therefore, act as a more important source than just a list of rules or restrictions.
What are the 5 major beliefs of Christianity?
The 5 are: 1) Uniqueness of Jesus (Virgin Birth) –Oct 7; 2) One God (The Trinity) Oct 14; 3) Necessity of the Cross (Salvation) and 4) Resurrection and Second Coming are combinded on Oct 21; 5) Inspiration of Scripture Oct 28.
What are the main traditions of Christianity?
Prayer and ritual
- Prayer. Candles © …
- The Church. The Christian church is fundamental to believers. …
- Baptism. The Christian church believes in one baptism into the Christian church, whether this be as an infant or as an adult, as an outward sign of an inward commitment to the teachings of Jesus.