What does the Bible say about emotional stress?
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).
What God says about pain and suffering?
2 Corinthians 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
How do you deal with stress spiritually?
Try these tips:
- Try prayer, meditation, mindfulness and relaxation techniques to help focus your thoughts and find peace of mind.
- Keep a journal to help you express your feelings and record your progress.
- Seek out a trusted adviser or friend who can help you discover what’s important to you in life.
What do you do in time of distress?
9 Healthy Ways to Deal with Distress
- Identify your needs. …
- Focus on what you want — not on what you don’t. …
- Honor your needs. …
- Get moving. …
- Develop a nurturing voice. …
- Reverse the “Golden Rule.” …
- Practice a soothing gesture. …
- Practice different perspectives.
What does the Bible say when you feel overwhelmed?
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (NIV) – Philippians 4:6-7.
How does God feel about suffering?
God suffers. He experiences suffering from being rejected by humanity, grief from seeing our terrible fate, and empathic affliction because he does not stand aloof from our afflictions but shares them. … God can only comfort us because he has suffered; he can offer mercy because he has experienced weakness and need.
Why does God allow hard and painful circumstances?
Why does God allow hard and painful circumstances in the lives of his people? God Allows Suffering to Bring Us Closer to Him And He often uses hard times to get our attention. When things are going great we are not so quick to turn to Him.