What the Bible says about hearing the word?
There are many reasons, but as the word of God says, faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. … (2nd Corinthians 5:17) his confession of God’s word strengthened his faith. We must do what God says, standing strong in our faith, not wavering, for faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
How do we hear from God in the Bible?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
Do not just listen to the word do what it says?
“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says” (James 1:22) | by Benn Matthew | Medium.
What does God say about negative thoughts?
The power of God is stronger than ANYTHING and when you use His weapon to fight back those negative thoughts, you will win! Rest on Him, He will get your mind right!
How do you guard your mind?
5 ways to guard your mind against negative thoughts:
- Never watch too many TV programs that are full of negativity: When we go home from our work life, we are so tired to do something creative. …
- Stay away from negative people: Don’t dwell time with negative people.
Why is it important to speak God’s word?
Speak His words, speak the Scriptures, because the word of God is life. Hebrews 4:12 (NASB) affirms this: “The word of God is living and active.” God’s words have life, they bring life, as did Jesus’ spoken words to dead Lazarus.
What is the power of the spoken word?
Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate and to humble.” Considering the ‘powerful force’ of the words we utter, we must discipline ourselves to speak in a way that conveys respect, gentleness and humility.
How does God communicate with us?
Throughout human history, God has initiated communication with humanity by speaking audibly to humans. He also speaks to us through the glory of His creation. Additionally, He speaks to us through His Holy Spirit and through dreams, visions and our thoughts.
How do you know if God’s speaking to you?
But you can know when you need to listen and when you need to ignore the thoughts in your head.
- God speaks through thoughts and feelings. When God is speaking to you, it’s not likely that he will come stand in front of you in the flesh. …
- The Spirit brings feelings of peace. …
- The voice of the God will resonate with us.
How do you hear God’s voice when making a decision?
Pray in The Spirit
Praying in the spirit means to pray in the holy ghost. Prayer is the ultimate medium to know the mind of God for your life. It is a communication channel where you can talk to God and receive a response. Whenever you want to make a decision, seek the approval of God in the place of prayer.