How do you abbreviate verses?
Abbreviations of “Verses” and “Versus”
- “Verses” is abbreviated vv., especially when referring to the Bible.
- “Versus” is abbreviated v. in legal documents and legal citations.
- “Versus” is abbreviated vs. in all other uses, and the “v” is capitalized only when the versus abbreviation is used in a title.
Is it okay to quote half a Bible verse?
Always use quotations around scripture verses and include the book, chapter number and verse number at the end of the quotation. Provide the name of the Bible version in your first in-text citation.
How do you edit Bible verses?
How I Edit Manuscripts with Bible Verses
- Put Bible verses in roman (plain) font. …
- Some versions have italicized words in the text if you cut and paste the verses from an online source. …
- Use italics to add emphasis only. …
- In the above, move the period to the end of the sentence, after the parentheses.
How do you end a Bible verse reading?
In our church, we usually say This is the Word of the Lord/ Thanks be to God. In a Communion service, it will be: Hear the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ according to Matthew/Mark/Luke/John, followed by Glory to You, O Lord. At the end of the reading, it is This is the Gospel of the Lord, then Praise to You, O Christ.
How do you abbreviate 1 Corinthians?
1 Corinthians – 1 Cor./1 Co.
How do you quote partial verses?
When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor. 13:4, 15:12-19.
How do you quote a verse?
Brief Verse Quotations
- If you quote all or part of a single line of verse, put it in quotation marks within your text. …
- You may also incorporate two or three lines in the same way, using a slash with a space on each side [ / ] to separate them. …
- Use two slashes [ // ] to indicate a stanza break in a quotation.
What is Bible Lens app?
The newest app, Bible Lens, analyzes objects in photos, finds the most relevant Bible verse to match, and automatically creates beautiful, shareable artwork. For more information about YouVersion, visit www.youversion.com. Bible Lens helps you see God’s Word revealed in every picture you take.