How many times is eternal life mentioned in the Bible?
The Synoptic Gospels include fifteen occurrences of the word life, eight of these including the adjective eternal.
What does the Bible says about eternity?
“And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.” “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.”
What is the most repeated verse in the Bible?
Jon: The most quoted verse by biblical authors in the Bible is Exodus 34:6-7.
How do you explain eternity?
- 1 : the quality or state of being eternal.
- 2 : infinite time lasting throughout eternity.
- 3 eternities plural : age sense 3b.
- 4 : the state after death : immortality.
- 5 : a seemingly endless or immeasurable time an eternity of delays.
What is the difference between everlasting life and eternal life?
2. Theologically, “eternal” means “not within any time limit, outside of time and existing without a beginning or end, like spirit”; whereas “everlasting” means “the life which did not always exist but was granted to God and it was forever, running within time, or something similar, which has a beginning but no end.”
Did the Old Testament have eternal life?
Those Old Testament believers were assured they would be welcomed into heaven, for King David wrote in Psalms, “For the Lord loves justice and does not forsake His saints, they are preserved forever. … The various sacrifices were ordered by God to cover the sins of the people and had to be repeated every year.
What does it mean to live for eternity?
Eternity means “forever,” like living for all eternity. … Eternity means “time without end, or infinity,” like people who promise to love one another for eternity — they aren’t planning to ever split up.
What does it mean to live with eternity in view?
The people who are oblivious of eternity fail to understand that life transcends beyond the grave and into eternity; they live miserable life of hopelessness amidst challenges that life brings to their door step. …
What word is in the Bible 365 times?
The phrase “do not be afraid” is written in the bible 365 times, That’s a daily reminder from GOD to live every day being fearless…
What are the top 10 Bible verses?
Below is the entire top 10:
- Romans 12:2. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. …
- Philippians 4:8. …
- Philippians 4:6. …
- Jeremiah 29:11. …
- Matthew 6:33. …
- Philippians 4:7. …
- Proverbs 3:5. …
- Isaiah 41:10.