How do you cite the Catechism of the Catholic Church MLA in text citation?
The catechism is published by the Libreria Editrice Vaticana in Vatican City. A Works Cited listing in MLA style follows the format: Catholic Church. Catechism of the Catholic Church. 2nd ed.
How do you cite a papal document in APA?
- Use Pope’s name as author in reference list, not including the title “Pope”.
- If directly quoting the text found online, use paragraph number (para.) in place of page number, e.g. (John Paul II, 2003, para. …
- The following are some common abbreviations for church documents:
How do you cite the Vatican document in turabian?
How to Cite Papal Documents in Turabian
- List the author, if there is one listed in the document, as last name, first name. If the author is the pope, list him by his papal name.
- Next, put in the title of the document. Italicize the title of the document. …
- List the place of publication, followed by a period.
How do you cite encyclicals in APA 7?
Q. How do I cite Caritas in Veritate in APA?
- Papal Encyclicals.
- Online copy: Author. Encyclical Letter. Title. Date created. Date retrieved. <web address>.
How do you in text cite an encyclical MLA?
To cite an encyclical, follow the MLA template of core elements. If using the version published on the Vatican’s website, begin with the name of the pope who wrote the letter, followed by the title of the letter specified on the website.
Who published the Catechism of the Catholic Church?
Catechism of the Catholic Church.
|Publisher:||Vatican City : Libreria Editrice Vaticana ; Washington, D.C. : [Distributed by] United States Catholic Conference, ©2000.|
|Series:||Publication (United States Catholic Conference), no. 5-109.|
How do you reference the Vatican?
- Author will be Vatican Council or Pope name (excluding the title “Pope”), e.g. Vactican II Council, John Paul II, Francis.
- Latin words within titles can be formatted in Italics.
- If referring to the same Vatican council document more than once, subsequent references can use abbreviation.
How do you cite Summa Theologica in APA?
Thomas Aquinas’ Summa Theologica – The Summa Theologica of is cited by part (I, I-II, II-II, III), question, and article. For example, ST II-II, q. 23, a. 3, ad 1 means, the second part (half) of the second part, question twenty-three, article three, reply to the first objection.
How do I cite the Nicene Creed in APA?
APA (6th ed.)
Burn, A. E. (1909). The Nicene creed. London: Rivingtons.
How do you cite the Roman Missal?
MLA (7th ed.)
General Instruction of the Roman Missal. Washington, D.C: Office of Pub. Services, United States Catholic Conference, 1982. Print.
How do you cite the Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church?
APA (6th ed.)
Catholic Church., & Catholic Church. (2005). Compendium of the social doctrine of the Church. Ottawa: Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops.
What are the Church documents?
- Rerum Novarum (On Capital and Labor) …
- Quadragesimo Anno (After Forty Years) – On Reconstruction of the Social Order. …
- Mater et Magistra (On Christianity and Social Progress) …
- Pacem in Terris (Peace on Earth) …
- Populorum Progressio (On the Development of Peoples) …
- Laborem Exercens (On Human Work)