What do you say in Eid prayer?
Eid Salah – step by step
- Make the intention to perform Eid prayer.
- Give the opening takbeer (‘Allahu Akbar’) with the imam.
- Say the opening supplication quietly to yourself.
- Give 3 more takbeer with the imam, raising your hands out for each.
- Listen to the imam recite Surah al-Fatihah and an additional surah.
What do you do if you miss Eid prayer?
According to the Malikis, al-Khurashy, a Maliki jurist, said, “It is recommended for whoever misses the Eid prayer with the imam to pray it.
Is Eid prayer compulsory?
According to Hanafi scholars, Salat al-Eid is Wajib (obligatory). To Hanbali jurisprudence, it is Fard (necessary; often synonymous with Wajib) and according to Maliki and Shafiʽi schools, it is considered to be Sunnah Al-Mu’akkadah (“confirmed Sunnah, “continuously performed and never abandoned”) but not mandatory.
What time does Eid prayer start?
The time for Eid Prayer is before noon. Like Friday Prayer, Eid Prayer is always offered in congregation.
What is the importance of Eid prayer?
Offering salat during Eid signifies togetherness among family, friends, neighbours, and relatives. It signifies the importance of a tradition. People are pepped up after the fasting period is over and greet each other ‘Eid Mubaraak’ making celebration even livelier.