POEMS: “IF” by Janice Salois

Heart-AlchemyBenjavisa/Getty Images : “Heart Alchemy”

“IF”

If only if would disappear,

I’d live in the now.

Be present – right here.

If only if did not exist,

I’d quit rewriting the past

with a twist.

If only if would go away,

I’d stop regretting things

I can’t  unsay.

If only if would loosen it’s  grip

I would not make

that future trip.

If only if  would just depart ,

I’d live each day  with an

open heart.

If only if would leave my ear

I’d live my life

Free from fear.

If if and I had never met,

I’d be able to forgive

then blessedly forget.

If only if would disappear,

I’d live in the now.

Be present- right here!

by Janice Salois

Posted with permission from Unity at Daily word @ http://www.dailyword.com/

1. Margaret says:

Beautiful poem Anjali & love the image at the top.
    Take care ❤️🙏

2. Margaret says:

Have uploaded Getty images app, what is the name of the image please Amira (sorry for wrong name earlier, name of fellow blogger)

1. I don’t know the name but you can get the image from “Benjavisa/Getty Images” 🙂 ❤

3. Wow and only IF we could just forget these two words and be in the Now and enjoy our lives. Awesome poem by Janice, Amira. Too good.

1. Thank you dear Kamal! Yes, we need to enjoy more the precious gifts of each moment… 🙂 ❤

1. Yes for sure Amira. Welcome dear.

4. Margaret says:

Thanks Amira,
    Have looked through various sections & can’t find it. Closed the app as I have recently opened a few on my I phone. I am going to have a go at painting the image, thanks for the prompt 🙏❤️

1. I found the name of it, it’s called “heart alchemy” 🙂

1. Margaret says:

Thank you so much Amira, will pursue. ❤️🙏

2. Margaret says:

Thanks Amira,
        Didn’t find that one but another relevant to my blog, watch out!!

5. Wonderful poem! 💙

1. Thank you! So glad to hear you enjoyed it 🙂

6. It is really inspiring because sometimes we truly need to question ourselves what we really want in our lives. Some daily routine? Or maybe just a bit more then that? People are just too stuck in the past and the future and therefore often forget, how it is to live just “now”.

Liked by 2 people

1. so very true… and miss so many precious moments that never come back, so we should not take fro granted the gift of NOW, that’s why the call it the “present” 🙂 ❤ Amira

7. LindaP says:

Wonderful poem!

8. Margaret says:

Reblogged this on On a wing and a prayer and commented:
    Received this lovely post from Amira recently & the image in particular drew me to it. I thought the image would be perfect for a new front page for my blog. On further enquiry with Amira she gave me the link which contained so many amazing pictures. During my search I found an alternative & perhaps more meaningful image.
    Word press happiness engineer was more than helpful in sorting me out (distinguishing between image & icon etc etc).
    I do hope my update hasn’t caused any confusion.
    Thanks again Amira .
    Thanks for reading & happy Easter to you & yours.
    Take care & keep well.