Two families lived nearby. One family had constant quarrels and the other one lived quietly and friendly.
One day, feeling jealous about nice atmosphere flourished in the neighboring family, wife told her husband:
– Go to the neighbors and look what they are doing to live in such harmony.
The husband came, hid and started watching. He saw a woman who was washing the floor of the living room. Suddenly something distracted her, and she ran to the kitchen. At that time her husband rushed into the room. He did not notice the bucket of water, and accidentally kicked it, so the water spilled.
His wife came back from the kitchen and said him:
– I’m sorry, honey, it’s my fault because I left the bucket in the way.
– No, I ‘m sorry, honey, it’s my fault, because I did not notice it.
The neighbor returned to his home, and his wife asked him:
– Did you understand the reason of their happiness?
– I guess that I did. You see, we always seek to be right, while instead they don’t see faults in the other, and prefer to take the blame.