I was nominated by Didi for the “Blogger Recognition Award”. Thank you dear Didi for this honor and great joy!
Didi has a beautiful blog, with his own digital art creations, unique poetry , inspirational and spiritual posts, as well as wisdom teachings from Master Sant Kirpal Singh Ji. His blog is truly One of a Kind! I recommend you visit @ : https://didisvgp.wordpress.com
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers for this award.
6. Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them and a link to the post you created.
A brief story of how my blog started:
I was not even aware of the thoughts that led me to start my blog until my sister in law asked me: “why did you decide to start writing a blog?” I am not even sure what my reply was then but the question resonated in my mind as I pondered and rehashed the reasons for a while. I knew that my mom had written a journal since she started dating dad, so I have a life legacy from her with all her diaries through all the years since before I was born until a few weeks prior to her passing. Going through her diaries, I have a chance to to see life through her eyes, her perspective and her experiences.
I started blogging as a way of “testing the waters”, an experiment of sorts. Little by little I discovered that since my first blog in May 2016, this has become an enjoyable new hobby for me. It gives me the opportunity to read and connect with , friends , family and other bloggers, which end up becoming new friends all over the world. It also provides me with an environment where I can share my thoughts and experiences, favorite poems, inspirational stories, and even some nice food recipes, that have inspired me, given me strength and comfort through my life’s journey. Most recently, over the last couple of weeks, I started experimenting with writing a few poems in Haiku style, which I am also greatly enjoying.
I found that a blog crosses barriers, man-made limits and borders such as religion, ethnicity, gender or sexual, social, and cultural boundaries.
We forget the flags that divide us and instead we feel that we are truly citizens of planet Earth! We find a common ground, common interests, and we can express our humanity without wars but in peace and solidarity. We can express our concerns, perceptions, feelings and experiences while being sensitive, respectful, caring and interested in others’ points of view.
My Advice to Beginners:
- Write about what inspires you and touches you personally, chances are that you will find your post will resonate with others, and you will have a chance to also learn from other’s experiences.
- Be passionate, it’s a labor of love, and a great source of enjoyment if your heart is in it. It will get your creative juices flowing in ways you may have never thought possible before.
- Read other author’s blogs, and connect with their authors through your comments. Chances are that they may also become interested in reading your blog as well.
- When you make comments, keep them friendly and supportive, we are all on this journey together, why not make it a pleasant and encouraging environment?
- When you find a post that really touches you and you would like to share it with others, go ahead and re-blogg! You will give an opportunity to your readers and followers to see something different. You will also give new bloggers a chance to get more readership and exposure to their new blog. Finally, you may even attract new readers as well, that’s the beauty of sharing with others, all the good vibes go around! 🙂
Participation is of course a voluntary matter – but if you choose to participate I hope that you have much fun!
- Anita @ https://onelightonesource.com
- Manuela @ https://inaloveworld.wordpress.com
- Amritham @ https://amritham99.wordpress.com
- Kamal @ https://boundlessblessingsblog.wordpress.com/
- Scribe for Love @ https://scribeforlove.blog
- Michèle Duquet @ https://michelesorganics.wordpress.com
- Urvashi @ https://thelittlemermaid09.wordpress.com/
- @ https://thestorytellersabode.com
- @ https://smartvegrecipe.wordpress.com/
- Katalina @ https://katherinemckshipp.wordpress.com
- Estrella Cuesta Fernández @ https://ceibaterapias.wordpress.com
- Oneanna65 @ https://cancerkillingrecipe.me/
- Coach Muller @ https://mygoodtimestories.com/about/
- Tanvir Kaur @ https://myexpressionofthoughtsblog.wordpress.com
Thank you to all our dear friends, bloggers, and followers, for being a part of such a beautiful community sharing your thoughts, your comments, stories, recipes, art, poetry, and spreading light and inspiration in an environment of kindness and friendship.