- One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs.
“Wisdom is the oneness of mind that guides and permeates all things.”
- To be even-minded is the greatest virtue.
Wisdom is to speak the truth and act
in keeping with its nature.”
There is nothing permanent except change.
- Justice will overtake fabricators of lies and false witnesses
- Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play.
Much learning does not teach understanding.
- Change alone is unchanging.
If you do not expect the unexpected you will not find it, for it is not to be reached by search or trail.
- “The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny – it is the light that guides your way.”
Heraclitos was born c. 540 bce, Ephesus , Anatolia [now Selçuk, Turkey]—died c. 480), Greek philosopher remembered for his cosmology. He was a great prose artist, a major thinker and pre-Socratic Philosopher.