- Take full responsibility for your life.
Stop blaming others.
- Do things you like to do frequently.
Don’t stay in a job you don’t like.
Participate in life.
- Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts.
Be gentle, kind and patient with yourself.
- Give yourself the simple pleasures of life abundantly, and nurture your inner child.
- Watch what you say and watch your thoughts.
Stop being critical of yourself and others.
- Take care of your body.
Nourish yourself with nutritious foods, plenty of fresh air, spending time in nature, time for rest, relaxation, fun, and plenty of sleep .
- Be willing to create a life-style that generates and nourishes self-esteem.
- Do some journaling to aid you in self-reflection, and personal growth.
- Avoid comparing yourself with others. They are not living “your life”.
- Frequently take deep breaths.
Discover the benefit and pleasure of breathing fully.
- Stop trying to change others.
Focus your attention on being the way you want others to be.
- Stop feeling guilty, instead see mistakes as valuable lessons and avoid judging yourself.
- Be willing to laugh at yourself and at life.
Stop taking yourself so seriously.
- Accept compliments from others without embarrassment.
Don’t invalidate their positive thoughts and feelings about you.
- Be kind to your mind.
Don’t hate yourself for having negative thoughts.
Gently change your thoughts.
- Keep your awareness focused in present time
instead of living in the past or future.
- Acknowledge others frequently.
Tell them what you like and appreciate in them.
- Take time for yourself, to meditate, to read inspirational books, to watch uplifting movies or documentaries, to nourish your spiritual needs, to listen to music or interesting talks, to relax in nature, or to just “be”.
- Treat yourself as you would treat someone you really loved.