10 LIFE LESSONS FROM THE DALAI LAMA:
- The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
- Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from our own actions.
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
- Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.
- In the practice of tolerance, one’s enemy is the best teacher.
- When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect towards others.
- Where ignorance is our master, there is not possibility for real peace.
- The purpose of all the major religious traditions is not to construct big temples on the outside, but to create temples of goodness and compassion inside, in our hearts.
- Compassion is the wish to see others free from suffering.
- Ultimately humanity is one, and this small planet is our only home. If we’re to protect this home of ours, each of us needs to experience a vivid sense of universal altruism and compassion.